- 1 box Whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, sliced on a bias
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups yellow squash, chopped
- 6 leaves fresh basil cut into strips
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add onions and garlic. Sauté 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus and continue to cook for 3 additional minutes. Add tomatoes and squash, sautéing an additional 2-3 minutes, or until tomatoes are softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Immediately add hot pasta to the skillet. Mix well and transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Garnish with fresh basil strips and serve.
- Serves: 7 | Serving Size: 1/7th of recipe